About The Guest Of HR. Simplified: Podcast for Small Business
James Hornick is passionate about helping talented people and great companies find each other. He is a 15-year veteran of the recruiting industry and partner at the firm Hirewell, an agency that was voted one of Chicago’s 101 Best Companies to Work For. He is also a co-founder of Careerwell, a company that helps people become better job seekers.
What’s In This Episode Of HR. Simplified.
This episode is packed with tips, insights, and hard-earned wisdom on how to find the talent you need to grow your company and realize your vision.
Some of the things you find in the episode:
- The ONE thing you can’t outsource as a leader (hint: it’s not management)
- How to avoid the single most common mistake small businesses make when hiring talent
- James’ simple trick for constantly creating content that will build your brand—without spending any extra time on it
- Why you can’t rely on LinkedIn for recruitment—and one great free alternative
- What candidates are saying about your company after they interview (whether you hire them or not)
- Should you rely on personality profiles to make hiring decisions?
- The future of work from home
- …And much more.
Listen to the episode here.
About The HR Podcast
HR. Simplified is a podcast for small business owners—the entrepreneurs, the hustlers, and the leaders who are chasing a dream.
Human resources is the most important, misunderstood, and overlooked aspect of small business success. This podcast is designed to give you the insights, best practices, and answers to questions you need to expertly navigate this critical function.
If you want your dreams to come true, you’re going to need a great team. HR. Simplified. gives you the tools to find, build, and keep that team.
About The Host Of HR. Simplified: Podcast for Small Business
Matt Vaadi is a human resources expert and serial entrepreneur. He’s the founder and CEO of ERG Payroll & HR, a company that helps small businesses streamline and automate their HR function. He’s also the founder and CEO of Grow by ERG, a digital marketing and SEO shop, as well as a founding member of GrowCo, and Columbia, SC-based collective of business owners and co-founders.
This episode covers a wide range of topics related to finding
- Hiring and hiring mistakes SMBs make
- Future of remote work/work from home
- Why candidate experience is important
- Role of content in hiring
- Value and downsides of assessments
If you love this podcast about hiring the right employee talent for your company, you will also love our video on how to improve employee retention with one simple step. Watch here!